If you find that the water level in the tank of your American Standard Plebe toilet is too high or too low, you can make some quick and easy adjustments. Even if you have don't have any plumbing experience, you can make this adjustment in a matter of minutes, using just a flat screwdriver.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Flat screwdriver
Remove the toilet tank cover.
Locate the plunger screw on the float arm directly above the valve.
Turn the screw counterclockwise, in small increments, to raise the fill level of the toilet tank.
Turn the screw clockwise, in small increments, to lower the fill level of the toilet tank.
Flush the toilet and check the fill level after all adjustments are made. Continue adjusting the plunger screw until the desired fill level is reached. Replace the toilet tank cover.
Tips and warnings
- If the fill level can't be adjusted properly, replace the fill valve.
- Do not raise the fill level above the top of the overflow tube.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for