How to Convert Vodafone Postpaid to Prepaid

Updated March 20, 2017

Vodafone is an mobile provider with service in several counties, including the United Kingdom and India. Postpaid users are those with annual (or multi-annual) contracts. These users are billed monthly for the charges incurred in the prior billing cycle. By contract, prepaid users are not billed monthly. These users add minutes to their account whenever they wish. However, when minutes run out on prepaid lines, users must "top up" or "recharge" the devices to add minutes to those lines. Users can convert from postpaid to prepaid lines by filling out the migration form.

Download and complete the Vodafone Postpaid to Prepaid Migration Form (see Resources). Print the document from your home printer by clicking "File" and "Print." Make sure your printer is connected and powered on before pressing "File" and "Print." Be prepared to list your name, address, phone number and account number to complete the form. This information is available on your monthly billing statement.

Locate a local Vodafone retail store in your area (see Resources). Bring your current phone,the most recent bill, a form of payment (such as a credit or debit card) and the completed form to the store during business hours. Request to migrate from your current, postpaid plan to a prepaid plan. Make sure that the agent helps you add minutes to the account while you are in the store. Be prepared to pay for those minutes with the form of payment you brought to the store.

Test the line after the agent converts it for you by making a call. If necessary, add minutes to your prepaid account (see Resources). Select your minute plan, enter your billing information and make the purchase online.

Cite this Article A tool to create a citation to reference this article Cite this Article

About the Author

Nicholas Smith has written political articles for, "The Daily Californian" and other publications since 2004. He is a former commissioner with the city of Berkeley, Calif. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in political science from the University of California-Berkeley and a Juris Doctor from St. John's University School of Law.