Minecraft is a computer game from an independent developer, Markus Persson. It was released to the public as an alpha test and it progressed to a beta test near the end of 2010. Minecraft is, as of July 2011, slated for retail release in November 2011. Players change the game environment by breaking and harvesting resources within the game and using them to develop their world. There are also modifications available that allow players to add other elements to the game. One modification is sponges, which players can place to absorb water. This makes it easier to build underwater bases. You can also use sponges to prevent other players from flooding your building area.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Minecraft modification that enables sponges and is compatible with the current version of the game
- Unzip program that can open and extract .jar files.
Click the Windows button on the bottom left corner of your screen. In the search line type "Run".
Within the run screen, type "%appdata%".
Find the .minecraft/bin folder and open the minecraft.jar file using your unzip program.
Drag and drop the files from ModLoader into the minecraft.jar folder.
Delete the META-INF folder.
Start Minecraft and ensure that it runs correctly.
Repeat steps 1-6 again to install your sponge modification.
Installing the Modification
Kill spiders until you find 4 units of "String".
Get 5 "Wool" from sheep with your shears.
Right click on a crafting table to open your 3x3 crafting window. In the first row, place one unit of string followed by wool and then another unit of string from left to right. For your second row place one unit of wool, string and then another unit of wool. Your 3rd row should be the same as the first row.
Click on the sponge on the output box of your crafting window and drag it into your inventory.
Crafting a Sponge in Game
Tips and warnings
- WinRAR and 7-zip are the most common unzip programs that can open .jar files.
- Exanadu's modification is one of several that include sponges. You can use a different modification to make sponges.
- Some modifications have different types of sponges. Exanadu's mod includes a basic sponge as well as a lava sponge and a super sponge.
- Download the most current version of Modloader and your modification before beginning this process.
- Modifying the game client is allowed and encouraged but it can cause conflicts within the game. Back up any saves before installing new mods.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for