If you have a grey beard and want to darken it, there are many products on the market that allow you to safely dye your beard. Commercial products like Just For Men specialise in helping men darken grey beards. They come with a kit that allows men to easily dye a grey beard and bring the natural hair colour back.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Beard and moustache dye kit
- Plastic gloves
Buy a beard and moustache dye kit. Match your desired beard colour with the colour on the box. Your beard should ideally match your hair colour.
Follow the instructions on the beard and moustache dye kit. Many kits require you to mix a colour with an activator in order for the dye to work. Wear plastic gloves to keep the dye from staining your hands.
Apply the dye to your beard with a small brush. The dye should be applied within two minutes of mixing the colour and activator. Only brush the dye on your beard, not your skin. Brush the dye from root to tips of the hairs.
Cover your entire beard with the dye. Allow the dye to sit for a few minutes. Your beard will darken more the longer you leave the dye on it. Dye can be safely left on from 5 to 15 minutes.
Rinse your beard thoroughly with warm water. Dry your beard with a towel. Clean your bathroom area and wipe any dye from sink and counter surfaces before it dries. Wait for your beard to dry. If you don't obtain the shade you want with the first dyeing, try a second for a darker shade.
Tips and warnings
- Hair dye contains chemicals that harm your hair if used too often. Do not dye hair more often than once every four weeks.
- To ensure you don't have an allergic reaction to the dye, perform an allergy path test. Mix a small amount of activator and dye, and apply it to the inside of your elbow. Monitor it for 48 hours. If there is no reaction, you are safe to dye your beard.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for