Western Digital (WD) offers an array of devices that can sync an HDTV with the Internet. Some of these devices allow you to stream Netflix movies and TV shows directly on your TV. However, you will need a Netflix account. Depending on features, Netflix costs around £6 a month, and it gives you access to thousands of movies and TV shows instantly. Activating this service takes as little as five minutes to do.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Netflix account
- WD device with remote control
- Internet connection
Connect the WD device to the Internet. Using your remote, navigate to the "Home" menu. Select "Internet Media." Then select "Netflix."
Follow the instructions to create a Netflix account if you do not already have one. The account requires an e-mail address as well as a valid credit or debit card. Write down the activation code that appears on the screen.
Go to www.netflix.com/activate on your computer. Enter the activation code in the field that says "Enter Code." Click "Activate." Enter your Netflix user name and password. The user name is likely the e-mail address you registered at the time you started the account.
Re-enter the activation code and click "Activate." Your Netflix instant queue will appear on the TV screen. Use the WD remote to select from the available programs. Netflix is ready to use.
Tips and warnings
- If you have any difficulty, Netflix offers 24-hour customer service. Call 866-716-0414 and a live person will walk you through the process.
- Unfortunately this feature is only available in the United States. Also, Netflix is not available on all WD devices. For a list of Netflix capable devices, visit WDTVlive.com.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for