Some women want with round hips. There are several targeted exercises that can help give you that firm, round look you want. Remember, though, that targeted exercise will not help with fat loss. If your hips are covered with a layer of fat, you need to pursue a fat loss plan in addition to these exercises.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Set of hand weights
- Fitness ball
- Fitness videos
Do squats. Put an exercise ball against the wall, supporting it with your back. With your feet hip width apart and hand weights in each hand, squat until your legs reach a 90 degree angle, parallel to the floor. Squats are one of the best exercises you can do for you entire lower body, including your hips and thighs. Additionally, because it works so many large muscles, it's an excellent fat-burning exercise.
Include lunges in your exercise routine. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, weights in each hand. Take a large step forward, bending your back leg until your knee touches the floor. Push back up and return to standing. Repeat, alternating sides.
Belly dance. Shaking your hips requires tremendous muscle control in your core, as well as your butt and hips. You can get belly dance instructional videos from many store and libraries.
Perform crunches. Tightening your core, including your lower belly, helps create that curve of your hips and butt.
Tips and warnings
- Start slowly. Remember to give yourself rest periods after each set of exercises and consider alternating days to allow for muscle recovery.
- Proper form is essential. If you are unsure if you are using the correct form, consult a personal trainer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for