Acrylic paints come in a wide range of colours including bright rainbow shades, natural colours and metallics. Like powdered drink mix dyes, semi-permanent tempera paint dye looks unsophisticated and uneven compared to salon dye jobs, but some prefer the homemade look for punk rock ensembles or Halloween costumes. Check the paint label for the word "non-toxic" before using it on your hair; some types of paint can be quite poisonous.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Acrylic paint (liquid or powder)
- Rubber gloves
- Large glass, ceramic or plastic bowl
- Wooden or plastic spoon
Put on rubber gloves to prevent staining your hands with paint. Cover your work surface with newspaper to prevent paint stains.
Mix 1 part liquid or powdered acrylic paint with 5 parts water in a glass or ceramic bowl.
Mix the paint and water with a wooden or plastic spoon to make an inky liquid. Mix multiple colours together for a customised shade.
Tips and warnings
- Paint hair dye tends to stiffen hair and give it a dull finish. Check the Green Eco Services website for other home hair dye options.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for