Picasa Web lets you store your photos online and share them with friends. You can tag them with names and locations, add captions and organise them into albums, among other features. If you already use Picasa Web but no longer wish to share your photos there, you can delete all your albums --- but only one at a time. Google, which administers all aspects of Picasa, does not let you delete your photo albums all at once. Furthermore, you cannot cancel your Picasa account without cancelling your entire Google account. One shortcut involves deleting empty albums.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Google account
- Picasa Web albums
- Picasa software (optional)
Sign in to your Picasa Web account using your Google username and password at picasaweb.google.com. This displays your most recently accessed albums.
Click the "My Photos" tab in the menu bar near the top of the page. This displays all your albums.
Click any album. This displays all of the photos in that album, along with the album editing options.
Click the "Actions" tab in the menu bar above the photos and select "Delete Album." Click "OK" to confirm. This deletes all photos in the album and returns you to the "Recent Albums" page.
Repeat Steps 2 through 4 until all albums have been deleted.
Tips and warnings
- If you have the Picasa software on your computer, you might be able to save some time deleting all of your Picasa Web albums. With Picasa open on your computer, click "Tools" in the menu bar. Select "Experimental" and then "Delete Empty Online Albums" from the drop-down menu that appears. Sign into your Google account in the dialogue that appears, then click the "Delete Albums" button to confirm. This deletes all albums that contain no photos.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for