When buying a more expensive pair of gloves to treasure and keep for years to come, it is important to make certain that the gloves fit comfortably. The best way to ensure a perfect fit is to take your hand measurement and buy a pair of gloves in the corresponding size. Leather gloves and driving gloves in particular can be uncomfortable if not fitted correctly. By measuring your hands you can be sure that your new accessory really does fit like a glove.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tape measure
Measure horizontally around the widest part of your hand using a tape measure. Record this measurement.
Measure vertically from the tip of your middle finger to the base of your hand. Record the measurement.
Take the largest of the two measurements. This is the measurement that you will use to determine your hand size. As a general rule, a measurement of 17.5 cm (7 inches) is extra small and 30 cm (12 inches) is extra large, with various increments in between.
Choose your gloves. Ask the sales assistant for advice on how your hand measurement corresponds to the specific brand. With the knowledge of your hand size, the sales person should be able to help you find your glove size.
Tips and warnings
- Always take measurements from the hand that you write with. If you are left-handed, take the measurements from your left hand. If you are right-handed, take the measurement from your right hand.
- It may be useful to ask someone to help you take your measurements. This will ensure a more accurate reading, as it can be quite awkward to measure your own hand.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for