If a Facebook friend posts something clever or interesting, whether it's a status message or photo, you can share it with others. To copy and repost in Facebook, use the Share function. This function allows you to add interesting updates to your own Wall, to someone else's Wall or to a specific group of people. The Share function appears for items such as links, videos and photos.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Sign in to Facebook.
Locate the photo, video, page, album or link you'd like to share.
Click the "Share" link beneath the item. This opens the Share This window.
Click the drop-down Share box at the top of the Share This window. Choose "On Your Own Wall," "On a Friend's Wall," "In a Group" or "In a Private Message," depending on where you want to repost the item.
Type a comment in the box where it says "Write Something..." or leave it blank to repost the item as-is.
Click the "Share" button to copy and repost the item.
Tips and warnings
- If the item you're reposting does not include the "Share" link, highlight the text, right-click and choose "Copy." Go to your Home page or Wall. Right-click and "Paste" the text in the Status update box. Press "Share."
- To give credit to the person from whom you're copying and reposting, leave a comment to your update and include his name.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for