Scentsy is a line of flame-free burners that melt scented wax safely to release a fragrance throughout your home. In order to decide which scents you like, you can smell all of the various choices in small jars known as testers. These jars are filled with a sample of the wax that is used in the Scentsy burner. Regular Scentsy wax comes in moulded squares that can be broken and placed in the warmer, but the tester wax can also be melted in the same manner.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Scentsy tester
- Butter knife
- Small bowl
- Scentsy burner
Choose the scent you wish to burn. Remove the lid from the tester jar and set it aside. Place the jar in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds on high to soften the wax.
Using a butter knife, slide the blade along the edges of the inside of the jar to loosen the wax away from the sides of the jar.
Carefully pry the wax out of the jar using the knife. It may come out in several pieces. Do this over a bowl to catch all of the chunks as they come out.
Remove any previously used wax from your Scentsy warmer. Place the pieces of the tester wax in the top of the warmer.
Plug in the warmer and turn it on.
Tips and warnings
- Tester jars are small, and the amount of wax in them is best used in one of the smaller warmers such as the Scentsy wall plug-in size.
- Do not overheat the wax in the microwave as it may cause burns.
- Use caution when working to loosen the wax; the knife could slip and cause injuries.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for