Sailor Moon is a Japanese children's anime that features a group of warrior girls meant to protect the galaxy. Each warrior is named after a celestial body, with the leader being Sailor Moon. In true anime fashion, the Sailor uniforms are colourful, stylised and feature feminine bows. The feminised sailor uniforms wouldn't be terribly practical in the real world, but they make very cute costumes, especially for Halloween or cosplay. If you're looking to bring back Sailor Moon, you need to have the costume down to the last bow.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 4-inch wide satin ribbon, any colour
- Fray stop
- Craft wire
- Wire nips
- Plastic gemstone that matches ribbon
- Hot glue
Measure out about 4 feet of satin ribbon. Snip the ends into dovetail points and paint the cut edges with fray stop right away. Let the fray stop dry for about 30 minutes.
Flip the ribbon over so you can see the matt side. Fold the first and last third of the ribbon over the centre third.
Snip a 4-inch piece of wire and twist it around the centre of the folded ribbon, cinching it into a bow-shaped piece.
Pull down on the ends of the ribbon to shorten the lobes of the bow and lengthen the ends slightly.
Hot glue a plastic gemstone over the wire. Let the glue dry for about 10 minutes. The colour of the gemstone should match the colour of the ribbon.
Tips and warnings
- Choose the colour of the ribbon and shape of the gemstone according to which character you are impersonating. For instance, Sailor Moon wears a red ribbon with a red heart in the centre.
- Make one ribbon for the front of your uniform and one for the back. Cover the wire for the back bow with more ribbon instead of a gemstone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for