Released in 2009, The Sims 3 is a computer game that makes use of some modern day technologies to help make it run smoother. Whether your computer's configuration is too low-end or your in-game settings are higher than normal, you may experience screen tearing when playing the game. This occurs when the monitor displays a picture when it hasn't finished refreshing, displaying multiple frames in the same window. This can be resolved by enabling vertical synchronisation, forcing the monitor to finish refreshing before displaying an image.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Load "The Sims 3" to the main menu.
Load your saved game or create a new game.
Click the menu, indicated by the ellipses (...). Select "Options" in the pop-up menu.
Click the second tab. Check the "V-Sync" box.
Tips and warnings
- Lower your settings if your computer cannot handle v-sync.
- If your computer is too low-end, it will slow down considerably when v-sync is enabled.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for