Many teenagers find a belly piercing to be attractive and stylish. As a teenager, it can be difficult for you to obtain a belly piercing if your parents are against it. A good way to express your feelings to your parents is through writing. A letter explaining exactly why you would like to have a belly piercing can be a good way to persuade your parents to agree with your decision.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Begin writing by stating the reason for this letter. For example, "I want to let you know that I am very interested in getting a belly piercing."
Write why you are interested in piercing your belly button. For example, "I find belly piercings to be very beautiful."
State that you will be completely safe when piercing your belly. For example, "I will be going to a salon that is extremely clean and uses all sterile instruments."
Write that it is extremely important to you to have your parents' permission. For example, "I would really appreciate your permission to obtain a belly piercing. Please think about it and let me know."
Tips and warnings
- Try to address any concerns you know your parents may already harbour against belly piercings.
- Do your research about safety procedures regarding such piercings beforehand to show how committed and responsible you are being about the piercing.
- Be prepared to answer any questions or arguments they put up against the piercing with your own researched and convincing argument, remembering to maintain an adult and calm demeanour throughout.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for