While most nurses in the United States no longer wear caps today, old-fashioned nursing caps can be used for Halloween costumes, for dramatic presentations and for home nurse play. You can make a paper nurse's hat in less than 10 minutes. For a more durable hat, substitute fabric.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 piece white copy paper
- 1 piece red construction paper
- Paper punch
Fold the piece of white copy paper in half horizontally. Place the crease so it faces the top of your work area. Make a mark three-quarters of an inch down from the crease. Fold horizontally at the mark and smooth the new crease, forming the hat's band.
Turn the paper over so the band is face down. The paper should now be in the form of a long rectangle. Take the short sides of the rectangle and fold them upwards until they are parallel with the crease, forming a triangle on each side. Do not fold the underlying band.
Punch a hole in the piece of band that extends from each side of the hat. Fasten the ends of a short piece of yarn to both holes in order to keep the hat on your head.
Cut two small strips of red paper and glue them to the front of the hat to form a cross.
Tips and warnings
- Instead of using yarn, you can hold the hat in place using hair clips. For a larger hat, use legal-size paper.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for