Some torrent movies come embedded with a subtitle track as part of the file, while others include a subtitle track as part of the video itself. In the case of the latter, you cannot get rid of the subtitles. However, most downloaded movie files with embedded subtitles are in .avi, .mkv or .mp4 format, which you can remove using VLC player, a free, open source multimedia player (see Resources to download).
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- VLC media player
Open the movie file using VLC player, which you can download for free (see Resources).
Click on the Video options and highlight "Subtitle Track."
Select "Disable" from the options and subtitles should no longer appear in the movie.
Tips and warnings
- There is a version of VLC media player for Mac, Windows, Linux and several other operating systems.
- If there is no "Track 1" with a check beside it in the Subtitle Track options, the subtitles are part of the video and cannot be removed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for