Having summer fun with a backyard water slide is not only for kids these days. With a little money and a little time, adults can get in on the action with a DIY slip and slide. These homemade slides are wider and longer than the store-bought variety, and will last even with the toughest of crews.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Tarp (as long as you want the slide to be)
- Baby shampoo
- Plastic tent stakes
- Bags of sand
Lay down your tarp, slickest side up.
Secure the corners of the tarp with either rope and plastic tent stakes or bags of sand, whichever you prefer.
Spray the tarp with water, making sure it is totally wet. Place baby shampoo all over the tarp, then spray water over it again.
Prop the hose so it runs down the tarp. Now you are ready to enjoy your new homemade slip and slide.
Add more baby shampoo to the tarp as needed.
Tips and warnings
- Some people use dish soap and olive oil and things of that nature. I have found that dish soap burns your eyes and olive oil is not very easy to get off. So if you prefer not to burn your eyes and be able to quickly clean up, stick with baby shampoo.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for