If you have a Western Union Gold Card and use it frequently, you may have rewards points. You can redeem points for various items such as gift cards, cash back or free phone minutes. Rewards points expire two years after the date of issue, so its best to redeem them right away to prevent losing them.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Sign in to the Gold Card website at westernunion.com/gold card. Click "Member Login" on the right side of the main account page. Enter your user name and password in the appropriate fields and click the "Log In" button. This should take you to your account page, which shows the number of points you have on the right hand side.
Choose a reward. The bottom of your account page shows your reward choices which includes options, such as £3 cash back or £7 off your next transaction. Click the box underneath your desired reward.
Confirm your reward. After you click on a reward choice, an information page will appear. This page will show the reward you want to claim and allow you to finish your order. Click "Complete Order," and your confirmed reward will appear on the next page. If you want to select another reward, go back to your account page and choose again.
Check your reward history. This will show you the status of your order. Click on "My Rewards," which is the first box located in the middle of the page, on the right-hand side underneath your rewards Gold Card number. On the next page, click on "Order History," located underneath "Overview" in the right-hand box. A list of all of your rewards will appear with a status for each. If "In Process" is next to a reward, it has not yet been issued. Some rewards take time to process. If your reward is still pending after a few days, contact Western Union via the online "Contact us" form to inquire about the wait.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not have Internet access, call Western Union's phone number, and an agent will assist you with redeeming your points.
- You need an upgraded Western Union prepaid Master Card to redeem a cash reward. If you choose a cash reward and do not have this upgrade, the reward will appear under your order history, but the status will read "In Process". The cash back will not completely process until you upgrade to the prepaid card. To do this, simply click on the upgrade box located on the right hand side of the screen, underneath your account information. After you fill out the application, Western Union will send you the upgraded card with the appropriate amount of cash back uploaded on it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for