Whether it be for a summer pool party, a birthday, or just for fun, decorating a cake is a good way to add something special to the celebration. As long as you have access to a dollar and grocery store, creating a bikini girl themed birthday cake can be easily achieved.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cake mix
- Olive oil
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla frosting
- Blue food colouring
- Barbie doll
- Cocktail umbrellas
- Various miniature beach accessories
- Birthday candles
Find out the birthday boy or girl's favourite type of cake and bake it following the directions on the box. After it is done baking, set it aside until it cools to room temperature so the frosting doesn't melt off when you apply.
Take a bowl and crumble one pack of graham crackers. This will be the sand for the beach scene on the cake, so make sure that it is crumbled fine enough to pass for sand.
Take the second bowl and scoop the vanilla icing into it. Add a few drops of blue food colouring and stir thoroughly. If the icing is not blue enough, add a few more drops of food colouring until you reach your desired shade of blue. This will be your water for the ocean.
Frost the cake with the blue icing. This is going to be water, so it doesn't need to be evenly smooth. The lumps and bumps in the frosting will give the cake texture and look like waves.
Start from the left front corner and begin sprinkling the graham cracker sand onto the frosting. It will stay in place, so be generous. Remember, this is a beach so spread as much sand as you want, but don't cover all of the water.
Place your barbies on the cake as if they are sitting on the beach or swimming in the water. Add the cocktail umbrellas to th beach and the other beach accessories that you found.
Write a birthday message on the cake and add the candles.
Bake The Cake
Tips and warnings
- If you're crunched for time, place the cake in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process before icing it.
- If you don't have access to barbie dolls, go to your local dollar store and look at the toys section. There are affordable dolls as well as miniature accessories that may work well in a beach scene.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for