Blacking out a tooth or two adds a sinister touch to pirate, hobo and witch costumes. Black teeth also work as an alarming practical joke. Black paints and make-up items such as eyeliner may blacken your teeth short-term, but moisture in the mouth quickly dissolves markings from enamel surfaces. Using black wax is the best way to make temporary missing teeth -- the wax stays on the tooth for hours, and comes off clean.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Black tooth wax
Remove a pea-sized amount of black wax from the package.
Flatten the piece of wax.
Form the wax over the tooth you want to black out. The wax will stay in place without adhesive.
Peel the wax off your tooth when finished and place it in an airtight container for future use.
Tips and warnings
- Black tooth wax is available at Halloween and costume stores.
- Only use wax labelled for use with teeth.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for