There are several crafts that call for empty eggshells, and it is ideal if the eggs are as unbroken as possible. Eggshells are delicate, but it is entirely possible to remove the yolk from the shell without breaking it. Colour the delicate eggshells or use them plain as decorations throughout your home. Blowing out eggshells allows you to keep the eggshell whole while removing the contents of the interior.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Raw egg
- Darning needle
Puncture the large end of a raw egg using a darning needle.
Push the needle inside the egg, moving it around. This breaks the yolk and allows it to drain out easily.
Puncture the smaller end of the egg with the darning needle.
Set a bowl in front of you.
Seal your mouth over the hole at the larger end of the egg and blow gently. You are forcing the contents of the egg out the opposite hole of the egg and allowing it to drip into the small bowl.
Blow until the egg is completely empty.
Tips and warnings
- Clean the egg by running a small amount of water into the hole in the egg and shaking gently. Then allow the water to drain out.
- Apply a few drops of glue to each hole to prevent the egg from cracking.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for