BitLord is open source software used to download torrents, which contain other files such as media or audio files. As of April 2011, the latest BitLord version, 1.2., contains a built-in search feature to download torrents from the program -- with over two million torrents available -- rather than looking for torrents on the Internet. It also offers a comment feature for other users to review torrents and downloads. However, BitLord can sometimes download torrents slower on some computers, either because the settings have been changed or your computer may be blocking full access to the BitLord client.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Open "BitLord" and click on "Edit" in the toolbar. Select "Preferences" from the drop-down menu.
Click "Bandwidth" in the right side of the Preference window. Type "-1," which indicates "unlimited," in "Maximum Download Speed KiB/s" and "Maximum Download Speed KiB/s." Ensure "-1" appears next to all options under the "Per Torrent Bandwidth Usage."
Click on "Scheduler" in the right pane of the Preference window. Type "-1" in "Download Limit," "Upload Limit" and "Active Torrents."
Click "Apply" in the Preference window and restart BitLord to ensure all changes take effect.
Click "Start" and select "Control Panel." Double-click on "Windows Firewall."
Select "Allow a program through Windows Firewall" when the "Windows Firewall" box appears. If an alert message appears asking for permission to allow access to "Windows Firewall," click "OK."
Tick the box next to "BitLord" from the "Program or port" list under the "Exceptions" tab of the new window ("Windows Firewall Settings") that will appear.
Click "Apply" and select "OK" to close the "Windows Firewall Settings" display. Exit the firewall and control panel.
Tips and warnings
- You may need to add BitLord to the exceptions of antivirus software programs as well. The method for this will vary depending on your antivirus software. But you can normally open the software and select "Exceptions" from the Options or Tools tabs, and add BitLord as an exception.
- When a file is downloading in the BitLord queue, right-click on the file and select the priority as "High" to make the file download faster.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for