"The Sims 2: University" expansion pack for "The Sims 2" allows you to send teens to college. Earning a degree opens up new professional opportunities not available to Sims without degrees. Similar to real life, a Sims college consists of eight semesters with classes and homework five days a week. Although time passes more quickly in "The Sims 2" than in real life, it can be tedious to go through every semester, struggling to keep up grades so your Sim doesn't flunk out. To speed up the process, you can use a special code to trigger immediate graduation.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Launch "The Sims 2: University" application and choose a neighbourhood and household to play. If the household is already on a college campus, skip to the next section.
Click the icon for the teen Sim you want to play.
Click a phone and choose the commands "Call," "College," and "Move to College" to enrol in college. A taxi will take your Sim to college.
Choose a college campus from the neighbourhood screen.
Click on your Sim's picture in the bin of usable Sims. Next, click on a dorm building on the campus map to move your newly enrolled Sim into that dorm.
Enrol in College
Click a phone inside the dorm and choose the commands "Call," "College," and "Registrar--Declare A Major" to select a major for your Sim.
Press the "Shift," "Control" and "C" keys at the same time to bring up a command line prompt. This allows you to enter codes that alter different elements of the game.
Turn on cheat commands by typing the following code: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
Close command line prompt by typing: exit
Hold down the "Shift" key and click on your Sim to bring up the cheat commands.
Choose the commands "Spawn...," "More..." and "Semester Tester." A statue of a giant bronze apple on a pedestal will appear nearby.
Click the statue and choose the command "Graduate." This will schedule the Sim's final exam to happen immediately.
Click on your Sim and choose the commands, "College" and "Go to Final Exam." When the exam is over, your Sim automatically graduates from college without ever going to class or doing any homework.
Trigger the Graduation Event
Tips and warnings
- When you send a teen Sim to college, the Sim ages up into the new Young Adult age category that the University expansion pack adds to the game.
- When your Sim graduates from college, she ages up into the Adult Sim age category.
- After the final exam, your Sim has 72 hours to say goodbye to friends on campus. If you use this time to throw a graduation party with the "Throw a Party" command on the phone, your Sim will put on a cap and gown and have a graduation celebration that concludes with the Sim ageing up into an adult and leaving in a taxi.
- A gold star appears on your Sim's age progression panel to indicate this Sim is a college graduate. A diploma appears in the Sim's inventory. You can hang this item on a wall.
- If you want to leave campus before the 72-hour post-exam period is over, and without throwing a party, click the phone and choose the command, "Move Back to Neighborhood."
- Only teenage Sims can enrol in college.
- If you force a Sim to graduate without choosing a major first, none of the new college-degree professions will be available to that Sim. The diploma essentially becomes meaningless.
- Your Sim must attend his final exam or he won't receive a diploma and graduate.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for