Breadcrumbs are made from day-old dried bread, and sometimes contains different seasonings. Breadcrumbs can become expensive to purchase at the store, and it may seem wasteful to throw away homemade crumbs. Preserve the breadcrumbs by freezing them. Frozen breadcrumbs freeze easily and you can add the crumbs directly to dishes without thawing them. Add breadcrumbs to meat loaf, create breaded fish or top vegetables with them.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Airtight freezer bag or container
Pour the breadcrumbs into an airtight freezer bag or container.
Seal the bag shut and remove as much air as possible. Secure the lid on the container tightly.
Label the breadcrumbs with a date.
Store the breadcrumbs in the freezer for 1 month.
Tips and warnings
- Make homemade breadcrumbs by baking 6 to 12 slices of bread in a single layer inside a heated 300 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Bake until the bread has a dry and crispy texture and then break the bread slices into smaller pieces. Place the bread pieces into a food processor and grind them into your desired texture.
- Avoid freezing breadcrumbs past the recommended storage date because they will diminish in quality.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for