The Dyson DC16 Root 6 is a handheld vacuum that provides approximately six minutes of continuous cleaning between battery charges. Typically, a person removes the lithium-ion battery (part number 912433-03) to charge it in the wall-mounted battery charger, replace it if defective or spent, or when repairing the unit or replacing other parts. The battery has a simple slide-button release lock. As a result, you should have no problem removing the DC16 battery within a few seconds of sliding the button.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Grasp your Dyson D16 by its handle with one hand.
Hold the cleaner with the back end facing you.
Place the thumb of your other hand on the battery-release button and your fingers beneath the battery.
Slide the button toward you, hold it in place and then simply pull the battery straight out from the unit.
Tips and warnings
- If you have difficulty holding onto the battery as you pull on it, or you can't pull the battery while holding the button, try removing the battery while wearing a pair of rubber or grip-style gloves.
- If you still can't remove the battery, ask someone else to hold the unit while you slide the button with one hand and pull the battery away with the other.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for