The Finnish company Suunto produces a range of sport utility watches to aid sportsmen in their goals, including endurance sports watches with heart monitors and dive computer watches. Although many Suunto watches require their batteries be changed by an authorised dealer, a number of models come equipped with user-replaceable batteries. Once you acquire a replacement battery kit, replacing the battery in a Suunto watch is a quick process to complete.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small coin
- Silicone lubricant
Place the watch face down.
Insert a coin into the groove on the battery compartment. Twist the coin counterclockwise to open the battery compartment, and remove the cover with your fingers.
Remove the battery from beneath the battery contact. Insert the new battery. Ensure the "+" is facing up towards you. Check for any signs of seal problems in the battery compartment, such as scratches or evidence of leaking.
Apply a light layer of silicone grease to the o-ring on the new battery compartment cover.
Insert the battery cover into the provided slot, and place a coin into the groove on the face. Apply pressure and twist the coin clockwise until the battery cover is locked in place. The watch activates its timekeeping mode.
Tips and warnings
- Be careful when installing the new battery cover that the o-ring is not caught on anything which might damage it and compromise the seal.
- If you are not confident performing this procedure, take the watch to a licensed Suunto dealer to have the replacement done for you.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for