Interior brick walls add a classic touch to the look of your home. Stone surfaces, such as brick, are easily maintained but must be cleaned carefully and with the proper supplies and techniques. When chalk marks are made on an interior brick wall you must remove them from the surface and grooves of the brick. When prepared, you can accomplish this task without making further mess in your home or damaging the stone with too much moisture.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Neutral stone cleanser
- Scrub brush
- Clean cloths
Lay a fabric or plastic dropcloth on the floor beneath the area of interior brick you intend to clean. The dropcloth catches moisture and debris to prevent it from making a mess on the floor.
Pour 2 capfuls neutral stone cleanser in a bucket and add warm water in the amount directed on package instructions. Mix the solution to create soapy water.
Dip a scrub brush in the mild cleanser. Start at the top of the wall and scrub your way down. Rinse the scrub brush frequently and apply more soap solution as needed.
Fill a bucket with warm water. Rinse the brick wall by scrubbing it with plain water. Press a dry cloth into the brick to remove excess moisture then allow the wall to air dry.
Tips and warnings
- Use a clean utility broom to scrub hard-to-reach areas of brickwork.
- Vacuum interior brick once each month to prevent dust build-up.
- Pat dry freshly washed brick to avoid absorption of the moisture.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for