With Ginkgo biloba, having "senior moments" does not have to become an accepted way of life. The University of Maryland Medical Center indicates that studies provide evidence that this herbal supplement delays memory loss and treats dementia. Additional studies support success in the treatment of sexual dysfunction and improved leg circulation. Generally considered safe, Ginkgo biloba causes few side effects. However, before using Ginkgo biloba to treat any of these symptoms, check with your doctor, as this supplement may not be best for people with certain medical conditions or for people taking certain medications.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ginkgo biloba capsules or tablets, 40 mg, 60 mg or 120 mg
Take 40 mg of Ginkgo biloba daily if you are a healthy adult over the age of 18.
Take 120 to 240 mg of Ginkgo biloba per day, divided into two to three doses, to treat memory loss and dementia. Take Ginkgo biloba for a minimum of 8 to 12 weeks before expecting results. Review usage monthly with your doctor.
Take 120 to 160 mg of Ginkgo biloba for circulation issues, divided into two to three doses per day. Expect to take this dosage for a minimum of 6 to 12 weeks before seeing results. Monitor monthly progress with your doctor.
Take 60 to 240 mg of Ginkgo biloba per day, divided into two doses, to treat sexual dysfunction.
Do not give Ginkgo biloba to children under 18, since studies focused only on adult subjects in test trials.
Tips and warnings
- For the most part, distributors sell Ginkgo biloba tablets or capsules in 40 mg, 60 mg or 120 mg doses. Purchase larger doses of 400 mg and 500 mg on the advice of your doctor.
- Ginkgo biloba seeds and fruit pulp contain toxic properties. Do not eat them.
- Consuming Ginkgo biloba may change the efficacy of some prescription and over-the-counter medications. Always check first with your doctor before taking it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for