The Bluetrek is a lightweight, over-the-ear Bluetooth headset that offers up to 780 minutes of talk time. The phone pairs with many cell phone models by companies such as LG, Motorola, Nokia, Panasonic, Samsung, Siemens, Sony Ericsson and T-Mobile. As with any Bluetooth headset, you must charge it and set it up to work with your specific brand and model of cell phone before you can use it. Once you complete the set-up, using the G2 is as simple as pushing a button or two.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Plug the Bluetrek G2 charger into the charging socket on the back end of your headset and into an electrical socket. Wait for it to charge eight hours or until the red LED turns off.
Turn on your cell phone, place it within one foot of the headset and then access and turn on the phone's Bluetooth hardware recognition mode. If you don't know the method to access this mode, refer to your phone's user guide or contact the manufacturer's customer service as access methods differ by brand and model.
Press and hold the "Talk" button for approximately seven seconds. If the headset is working correctly, you should hear a sound, the LED should flash back and forth between red and blue and your cell phone's display will read "BlueTrek G2."
Follow your phone's onscreen instructions, enter "0000" when prompted for a passkey/PIN and then select "OK" or "Yes." The LED should turn blue and begin flashing. If your phone has voice recognition software, follow the manufacturer's instructions for turning on the feature.
Position the headset speaker in your left or right ear and adjust the reversible headset ear hook over the ear lobe.
Press and hold "Talk" for at least two seconds to turn on the headset. You should hear a beep. Additionally, the blue LED should turn on.
Make or accept calls. Push the "Talk" button in voice recognition mode and speak a person's name to make a call; or dial a number on your phone's keypad. Accept a call by pushing the "Talk" button when you hear your phone ringing. Adjust the volume or sound as needed: push the "Vol+" or "Vol- " to turn the volume up or down; push and hold "Vol+" to mute the microphone and then push it to turn the function off.
Transfer a call from or to your headset as desired. Press the "Talk" button during a call for at least 2 seconds, or turn off the headset on your phone, to transfer the call to your phone; or select the transfer option on your phone to transfer to the headset.
End a call by pressing the "Talk" button.
Recharge the headset as needed--whenever the red LED flashes and the headset beeps. Wait approximately 2 hours 40 minutes or until the red LED turns off.
Using the G2
Tips and warnings
- Some phones allow headset redial, call waiting and call blocking commands via the "Talk" button.
- If you haven't used your headset in a while and it won't turn on, charge it for at least 10 hours or until the red LED turns off.
- Always wait to recharge your headset until it indicates that it needs a charge. The battery's lifespan is only 500 charging cycles before replacement.
- Never leave the headset attached to the charger longer than 24 hours.
- Bluetrek states that use of another brand's charger will void your headset warranty.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for