A cutting mat is a must for an avid craft lover or sewer. Mats provide a sturdy surface for cutting fabrics and craft materials while protecting the table they rest on. A cutting mat should be made of self-healing plastic, which prolongs the life and improves the quality of the mat itself. It will take a long time before you notice any dents or cuts in a mat made with self-healing plastic. Other types of plastic will show wear and tear a lot faster.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Sheet of self-healing plastic
- Permanent marker
Cut the piece of self-healing plastic to the size you want the mat to be.
Make a grid on the plastic using the permanent marker. The grid should consist of 1-inch squares.
Write ruler measurements on the top of the mat. Mark inches and centimetres with a permanent marker.
Tips and warnings
- Buy the self-healing plastic in the size you want since it is difficult to cut.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Solution Graphics HACKER SAFE certified sites prevent over 99.9% of hacker crime. BBB Accredited Business Home > Cutting Mats You May Also Like: RHINO RED Safety Ruler Cutting Straightedges PRO STEEL Safety Ruler Cutting Straightedges Alvin SAFE-T-CUT Safety Ruler Cutting Straightedges Craft Knives, Utility Knives T-squares & Triangles Self-Healing Cutting Mats, Large Cutting Mats, Custom Cutting Mats, Rotary Cutting Mats