Polymer crystals are an important additive to many of household items, including plants, diapers and cooling headbands used by athletes. With the right ingredients and a few polymer crystals, you can make some of your own. You can even grow your own polymer plants.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Water-Gel Crystal granules
- Food colouring (optional)
- Zipper-lock plastic bag
- Measuring spoon
- Container or jar
Using a measuring spoon, measure out 1/4 tsp of polymer crystals and place them into a zipper-lock plastic bag.
Add a full 236ml. of tap water to the bag of polymer crystals and seal the plastic zipper-lock bag.
Repeat the previous two steps, but add 227gr. of distilled water this time around. Put the contents in a new plastic zipper-lock bag.
Place 29.6ml. of Water-Gel Crystals to a container or jar and add 1 gallon of water to it.
Let the Water-Gel Crystals sit overnight, or for 8 hours.
Strain the crystals that formed in the water and let them dry for two hours.
Tips and warnings
- As an optional step, add food colouring to your polymer crystal creation to create a beautiful variety that you will enjoy displaying in or on plants.
- Be aware that the use of hard water with Water-Gel Crystals will create fewer polymer crystals. Soft water is better if you want a greater amount of crystals.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for