The Texas Instruments TI-89 calculator can perform various graphing operations as well as other basic calculator functions. The calculator generally connects to a computer through the use of a USB cable. However, with a few special cable adaptors, this USB signal can easily be converted to a serial signal.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- TI-89 USB cable
- USB female-to-female cable
- USB-to-serial adaptor cable
- Serial male-to-male cable
Connect the TI-89 end of your TI-89 USB cable to the port on your calculator. Connect the USB end of the cable to one of the ports on your USB female-to-female cable.
Connect the USB end of the USB-to-serial cable to the other port on the USB female-to-female cable.
Connect the serial end of the USB-to-serial cable to one of the male ends of the serial male-to-male cable.
Connect the other end of the serial male-to-male cable to an available serial port on your computer. Your calculator is now connected to the computer through its serial port.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for