Revel is a manufacturer of plastic models that sells a variety of U-boat submarines, such as the type VIIc and Type XXI. Revel also sells add-on kits containing the crew of the submarine. The crew is unpainted. Officers and sailors have different uniforms, and you have several options for the colour schemes, depending on if you choose a parade uniform or a work uniform.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small and detail paintbrush
- White spray acrylic paint
- Glossy or matt clear spray coating for acrylic paint
- Gold, white and black acrylic paints
- Acrylic paint for the uniforms (colour based on colour scheme chosen)
Apply white spray paint from 6 to 12 inches away. Spray a thin coat of white on the entire surface of the miniature. Use a detail brush to remove any drops of paint that form on the surface. Let the paint dry.
Paint the uniform using a small brush and the colour scheme of either the parade or the work uniform. Let the paint dry.
Paint the face, hat, hand and shoes of the miniature using a small detail brush. Use black for the hat and shoes and flesh for the head and hands. Let the paint dry.
Paint insignias on the uniform using gold paint and a detail brush. Let the paint dry.
Paint the eyes and teeth on the miniature using white paint and a detail brush. Let the paint dry.
Spray a coat of clear matt protective coating. Let the paint dry.
Tips and warnings
- Drying time will depend on climate and humidity.
- Use a glossy protective coating to make it appear the miniatures are wet.
- Make sure not to paint the sole of the feet of the miniatures if you want to glue them to the deck of the submarine.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for