The world is made up of people with different skin types. Some people find that their skin is extremely sensitive to the chemicals in shop-bought shower gels. If this happens, use a homemade shower gel created from scratch instead. The natural ingredients won't cause skin irritation, and the shower gel recipe is customisable to suit the individual's preferences.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Empty bottle
- 500 ml (2 cups) liquid glycerine soap
- 250 ml (1 cup) distilled water
- 3 ml (3/4 tsp) salt
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) jojoba oil
- Essential oil
Pour the liquid glycerine soap into an empty bottle. You can melt a bar of glycerine soap if you don't have a liquid version available.
Add 125 ml (1 cup) of distilled water to dilute the glycerine soap, and the salt to preserve the homemade shower gel.
Measure the jojoba oil and add it to the shower gel. Jojoba oil provides lasting moisture to your skin and even has healing benefits.
Add around 30 drops of an essential oil that suits your skin type to the homemade shower gel. Chamomile essential oil is good for dry skin, while lemon essential oil is good for oily skin. You may also add an essential oil for its fragrance. Peppermint and lavender essential oils are useful for this.
Shake your bottle vigorously to combine all of the ingredients.
Tips and warnings
- Add a few drops of food colouring if you want to add colour to your homemade shower gel.
- Rose or orange-blossom water can be used in place of the distilled water.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for