Giving a loved one a handmade birthday card allows you to create the perfect card for her. You can create a birthday-related shape, such as a birthday cake, that works for any celebration. Decorate the card with words, colours and images that make sense for your relationship, using the celebrant's favourite things. The card can look as realistic as you want and be as decorated as you wish. Children can help decorate the card as well.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Card stock
- Stencil (optional)
- Coloured paper or scrapbooking paper
- Markers or coloured pencils
Fold a piece of card stock in half.
Draw an outline of a three-tier cake on the front of the card stock with a pencil, starting on the crease of the card. Use a stencil if necessary. Include a number-shaped candle on top of the cake if you want.
Cut out the outline of the cake and candle with scissors.
Decorate the cake shape on the front of the card with coloured pencils, markers, glitter, stickers, colourful paper or other embellishments. For example, dab some glue on one "layer" of the cake, and press crinkled, colourful tissue paper onto it. Use different colours for each layer.
Write the celebrant's name on the cake on the front of the card if you want, and use the inside of the card to write out your birthday wishes or greetings.
Tips and warnings
- Draw a cake on the front of a typical card if you don't want it to take on a cake shape.
- Avoid using too much glue.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for