These bracelets, made by weaving a multitude of strings together, can be a great craft for both kids and adults alike to create. The creative jewellery, commonly known as friendship bracelets, can be crafted out of any type of string, but coloured embroidery floss or even yarn works best. The only skill needed to make your own wove string bracelet is the ability to tie a knot. By following a couple of easy steps, you will be weaving your own bracelets in no time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 3 strands of 6-foot-long embroidery floss or yarn
Bring all three strings together so all of the ends meet and the strings are of equal length. Fold the strings in half and tie a regular shoestring knot so that you have six separate strands of string. Support the knot in place by either taping it to a table or by getting someone else to hold it for you.
Choose the leftmost string and tie a double knot around the string directly to the right of it. Continue tying a double knot around all five of the other strings, working your way to the right. When you are done, you should have a diagonal row of knots across the entire bracelet.
Pick up the leftmost string once more (it was the original second string in the line) and tie a double knot around each of the strings, individually, to the right. Continue the pattern of double knotting the leftmost string across all the other strings until you reach your bracelet's desired length. Complete the bracelet by tying the two loose ends together in a regular shoelace knot.
Tips and warnings
- Keep consistent tension on all the strings while you are weaving. If the weaves are too loose, the bracelet may not look right.
- Experiment with different colours to make your bracelet as personal and creative as possible.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for