The shine on marble flooring takes regular cleaning and general care. Avoid abrasive cleaners because marble is susceptible to scratching and cracking. Conventional floor waxes should not be used on marble floors as they may cause discolouration and streaking. Instead of cleaning marble with buffers and speciality cleaners, which could prove costly, you can make a homemade cleaner that will shine like a wax finish without discolouring or scratching the marble.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Soft-bristled broom
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- Absorbent cloths
- Cleaning bucket
Sweep the marble floor thoroughly to remove particles of grit or dirt, which may scratch the surface.
Mix baking soda and water--enough to cover the entire floor--into a paste and add a few drops of lemon juice.
Dip the absorbent cloth in the baking soda mix and apply to the marble floor. Use small circular strokes to cover the entire floor.
Fill a cleaning bucket half full with clean water. Dip a clean absorbent cloth into the water and wring it out.
Wipe away the baking soda paste, using a circular motion.
Buff the floor with a clean, dry absorbent cloth to achieve a waxy shine. Move the cloth in small circles to produce a buff finish.
Tips and warnings
- Place rugs on areas of the marble floor used most to prevent scratches and marks from footwear.
- Never let spills sit on the marble floor for any length of time, as they may cause staining or etching.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for