Mixing your own paper padding compound allows you to create beautiful handmade paper crafts. You'll save money by making the paper padding compound yourself. Consider using it for a variety of projects, such as books of your child's art, professional and elegant wedding keepsakes or party favours. The finished padding compound will remain fresh in a sealed jar for several months, so you'll have plenty of time to explore the possibilities.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 7.09gr. unflavored gelatin
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- Mixing bowl
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp glycerine
- Wide-mouth jar
Pour the gelatin into the boiling water. Use the whisk to stir the mixture until it has dissolved and no grains of powdered gelatin are visible.
Add the vinegar and glycerine. Whisk for 1 minute or until thoroughly mixed.
Pour the mixture into the storage jar. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before use.
Tips and warnings
- The mixture may become too thick to easily apply after two months. Place the sealed jar into a large bowl of hot water to resoften the padding compound.
- Glycerine can be purchased in many pharmacies, craft stores and animal supply stores.
- Grocery stores often sell packets of powdered gelatin in the canned fruit or baking section.
- Your paper padding compound will adhere to leather as well as paper.
- Use caution when adding the glycerine because certain types reportedly caused allergic reactions and skin irritation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for