Having an eyesore dustbin outside your house or in the street where you live can often lower the appeal of your home. Bins are necessary to keep a street tidy, but they do not have to be ugly. If you want to hide a dustbin, an easy solution is to create a dustbin holder. You can make this holder out of wood and place the dustbin inside it. Dustbin holders come in many shapes and forms and you can even decorate them with climbing plants and flowers.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 4 pieces of 3-by-2-foot plywood board
- 16-foot wood slat, 2-by-2
- Saw horse
- Circular saw
- Protective goggles
- Face mask
Put the wood slat on the saw horse and use the circular saw to cut four 4-foot-long pieces. Wear protective goggles to avoid debris flying into your eyes and gloves so that the wood will not prick your skin.
Place one 4-foot-long slat on each side of one of the plywood boards. Drill three holes one foot from each other through the plywood board and the wood slats. Screw the wood slats onto the plywood board using the drill and the screws. Allow one foot of wood slat to hang off the end of the plywood. Repeat the same on another plywood board.
Screw the remaining two plywood boards onto the sides of the frames with the wood slat legs to create a rectangular box.
Use the paintbrush to paint the dustbin holder whatever colour you choose. Use a face mask when painting because the chemicals could harm your lungs. Leave the holder to dry for one day.
Use the spade to dig four holes where you want to place the dustbin holder. Put the dustbin holder's legs into the holes and dig them in so that the wind will not blow the holder away.
Tips and warnings
- Plant some climbing plants next to the dustbin holder. As the plant grows it will climb on the walls of the dustbin holder and hide it. Take a note of the size of your dustbin and change the measurements accordingly.
- Use a face mask when painting as the chemicals could harm your lungs. Wear protective goggles to avoid debris flying into your eyes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for