Created by the Games Workshop for players to engage in the Warhammer and Warhammer 40K table games, Warhammer's Citadel Miniatures allow the player to create custom colour schemes as the figurines come unpainted. While the game may be played with unpainted figurines, part of the appeal of Warhammer games is to have the best-looking army possible on the game table. Game set-up comprises two armies, each consisting of tens of figurines who wage war against each other until one of the armies wins. Painting your own Warhammer figurines allows a personalised army, individual colour schemes and enjoyment for the avid modeler.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Citadel paint brush
- Citadel paints
- Clear spray coating
- Clear white or black spray paint
Pick the colour scheme of your miniatures and select the paint colours necessary to create it. Review a colour wheel to locate the colours that are complimentary to each other (see Resources).
Paint a base coat using a paint spray can. Spray white for light-coloured miniatures or black for medium or dark colours. Let the paint dry.
Cover the armour by painting the miniature's armour or clothing with a medium brush. Let the paint dry.
Create detail by painting the insignia, hands and face of the miniatures by using the detail brush.
Add highlights to the flat paint using the dry brush technique. Dip a brush in undiluted paint and blot with a paper towel to absorb most of the paint. Use that brush to create highlights in the miniature to your liking.
Add red to serve as blood on the blades, the eyes of the character and other details as well.
Spray a matt protective coating on the figurines after the last coat of paint is dry.
Tips and warnings
- Except when using the dry brush technique, dilute your paint so that it consists of 50 per cent water. Drying time is dependent upon the temperature and humidity in the workspace.
- Ensure the work area is clean to avoid dust or hair collecting in the paint.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for