Liven up homemade or store-bought dog treats with dog-friendly icing. It is easy to make and only requires a few basic ingredients. Not only will this icing make your dog's treats taste delicious, but icing-topped treats can be given as gifts to friends with dogs, or you can use the icing to decorate a dog-friendly cake for a special celebration.
Things you need
- 227 g (8 oz) low fat or fat free cream cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 3 tbsp flour (any type)
- Blue food colouring
Place 227 g (8 oz) of low-fat or fat-free cream cheese, 2 tbsp of honey and 2 tbsp of plain yoghurt in a bowl.
Mix the ingredients together with a spoon (or mixer) until smooth.
Mix in 1 tbsp of flour at a time. You will need approximately 3 tbsp; however, you should base the actual amount you use on the consistency of the icing and how easy it is to spread.
Add two or three drops of blue food colouring.
Stir the icing until it is completely blue.
Tips and warnings
- If a dog consumes a large amount of food colouring, it may change the colour of his urine. Not to worry -- this does not affect his health, as long as the food colouring was approved for human consumption.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for