If you need a quick, delicious dessert, a rice cooker can bake a moist cake. From chocolate lava cake to lemon sponge cake, you can use your rice cooker to produce a variety of recipes. A rice cooker can provide a decadent dessert for guests or everyday dinners with little mess and quick cleanup.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 187 g (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 50 g (1/4 cup) of sugar
- 50 g (1/4 cup) of brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 118 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 117 g (1 cup) of chopped walnuts
- 237 ml (1 cup) water
- Non-stick spray
Mix the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cocoa, salt and cinnamon together and set aside. Prepare your rice cooker by spraying the inside of the bowl with a non-stick cooking spray.
Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add these ingredients to the prepared dry mix. Mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened so you do not over-mix the batter.
Pour the chocolate cake batter into the rice cooker and set a timer for 60 minutes. Check the cake after 45 minutes with a toothpick to ensure that it does not overcook. Toothpick should come out of the cake with only a few crumbs.
Remove the rice cooker bowl from the machine and allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes. Place a plate on top of the bowl and gently flip over to remove cake. When the cake is completely cooled you can dust it with icing sugar.
Tips and warnings
- This recipe is for a chocolate walnut cake, however, there are many different flavours and varieties or cake recipies for rice cooker cakes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for