A wine cork Christmas wreath is a good way to recycle your wine corks and make an eclectic Christmas decoration that will have visitors talking. Personalise your wreath with your favourite wine corks, or make a wreath for a friend who enjoys wine. It's easy to craft a simple wreath that will look really unique hanging on your door.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Grapevine or foam wreath base
- Hot glue gun, glue sticks
- Ribbon, bells, berries or ornaments
Lay down some newspaper to make sure your table or work area stays protected. The hot glue can drip and you don't want to make a mess that will be difficult to clean up.
Glue the corks to your wreath base. This can be done by applying the glue to one side of the cork and pressing the cork to the base until it is securely attached. The corks can be glued on top of each other neatly, or staggered.
Embellish the wreath and add some holiday decor by gluing on some bells, a few ornaments or a big red bow. Wrap a thin red bow around the whole wreath and tie it at the bottom, or add some big shiny ball ornaments to the wreath. These can be hot glued to the corks.
Allow the wreath to dry overnight before hanging.
Tips and warnings
- If you want to make a wine cork wreath but don't have enough corks, check with craft shops or ask friends or bartenders to save their corks for you until you have enough.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for