Most cell phone companies lock the network on their phone to prevent their customers from using the device with another provider. If you own a Nokia 6234 phone, you can unlock the device for free by obtaining the master subsidy lock (MSL) code from your provider. The MSL removes the network and allows you to activate the device with another carrier.
- Skill level:
Dial "*#06#" from your Nokia phone and wait the International Mobile Equipment Identifier (IMEI) number to appear on the screen. Write the number down.
Contact your wireless carrier. Ask the representative to provide you with the MSL for your device.
Provide the representative with the IMEI number for your device. Write the MSL code down.
Press and hold the "End" button to turn off your Nokia phone. Turn the phone around.
Remove the battery compartment door and remove the battery. Locate the SIM card slot. Remove the SIM card.
Reinsert the battery, the compartment door and press the "End" button to turn the device back on.
Disregard the message on the screen. Key in "#PW+ (MSL Code) +1#." Wait for the phone to say "SIM Restriction Off." This indicates that your phone is unlocked.
Tips and warnings
- Do not enter the wrong unlock code into your device repeatedly or it will lock the phone indefinitely.
- Unlocking your phone is legal, but you may not be able to obtain the unlock code for your device, if you are still locked into a contract with your wireless provider.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for