Weight Watchers offers consistently successful systems for weight loss and control. A key component to this success is controlling and understanding the nutritional value of food types and portions. There are books that offer basic points calculations, but the new 2011 PointsPlus Calculator saves the hassle of flipping through a book that contains outdated and limited information. Once the PointsPlus Calculator is properly set up it will help you quickly find points values and keep track of your daily and weekly food consumption.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- PointsPlus Calculator
If this is the first time you've used your PointsPlus calculator, you will need to personalise the settings. Start by opening the cover and turn the calculator on.
There is a button with a wrench symbol on the top left side of the calculator. Press this button to update or set up your personal information.
Enter your personal information: age, gender, height and weight pressing "enter" after each entry.
Decide whether you wish to lose or maintain weight and enter the answer on the next screen. Once you have completed these entries the calculator will determine your weekly points allowance.
Press the PointsPlus key, located on the lower right of the calculator's keyboard, then press "enter."
Input each of the four nutritional components necessary to calculate the PointsPlus value: calories, total fat, fibre and protein.
Press enter on your last nutritional item and the calculator will display the PointsPlus value for that food item.
After discerning a food's PointsPlus value your calculator will always ask if you wish to use that food. If you choose to "use" the food press "enter" and it will be added to your daily PointsPlus allowance.
Press the "X" key if you wish to consume multiple quantities of a food item. Enter the number of servings you plan to consume then press "enter" to enter those points into your daily usage log. Points values are for a single serving, so if you consume more than one serving calculate this into your daily points allowance.
To consume half of a serving size, press the "divide" key, enter 2 then press "enter." This will calculate the correct points value for your partial serving.
To enter points values for a known food value press the PointsPlus button. Instead of entering nutritional values, use the down arrow to enter your points value.
Tips and warnings
- Once you know the points value of a food item, use a sharpie to mark the points value on all similar items in your food cupbards. This will save you time and serve as a visual reminder that all food has a points value when you look in the cupboards for something to consume.
- Always seek medical advice before starting a new diet.
- Weight Watchers systems are not designed for minors. Growing children have different dietary needs than a fully developed adult.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for