Lindberg is an internationally acclaimed eyeglass company that manufactures and designs eyeglasses in Denmark. This company was started in the mid 1900s, and the brand has even been worn by the Denmark Royal Family. Broken glasses can really put a damper on your day, especially when you take so much time picking out the perfect pair. When the lens has broken off the frame, it takes a few minutes for a quick fix until you can get it properly prepared at a shop.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Set of small screwdrivers
- Small wire cutters
- Paper clip
- Super glue
Examine the Lindberg lens and frame to find out what the problem is. If the lens has just popped out, you should be able to just pop the lens back in. If it is a broken or missing screw, continue to step 2.
Unfold the paper clip and use the wire cutters to snip off a small piece that will fit in your lens frames. Insert the small bit of paper clip into the hinge and connect it to the lens.
Apply a small dab of superglue to the hinge to keep it in place. Apply a small bead of superglue where the lens connects to the hinge to hold that in place.
Allow the glasses to dry for 5 to 10 minutes. Put them on and be gentle with them until you can get them to a shop to have them professionally fixed.
Tips and warnings
- If you glue something wrong, the superglue can typically be removed with acetone, which is a main ingredient found in most fingernail polish removers and paint thinners.
- Do a tiny spot test on the frames if you have to use acetone to make sure it does not affect the colour of the frames.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for