Sudocrem is a cream, water-repelling product used for preventing baby diaper rash. Luckily, Sudocrem is coloured white, which will eliminate any chance of colour transfer from the product, but the spillage must be tackled immediately to prevent it seeping into the carpet backing. Clear the area around the Sudocrem spill before attempting the cleanup. Cleaning products purchased from the local grocery store will clear up the mess and prevent staining the carpet.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Blunt knife
- Absorbent cloths
- Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol or dry-cleaning solvent
Scrape the Sudocrem spill from the carpet with a blunt knife. Try not to spread the spillage.
Remove the rest of the Sudocrem from the carpet with an absorbent cloth. Blot the Sudocrem, and do not rub.
Apply isopropyl alcohol or dry-cleaning solvent to a separate absorbent cloth. Do not soak the cloth. A small patch about the width of two fingers will be enough.
Blot the stain with the isopropyl alcohol or dry-cleaning solvent until it is removed.
Blot the cleaned carpet area with cold water on a separate absorbent cloth, then allow the area to dry.
Tips and warnings
- Isopropyl alcohol and dry-cleaning solvent can be purchased at most grocery stores.
- Always use white absorbent cloths to prevent colour transfer from the cloth to the carpet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for