Cosplaying, or costume playing, has become a popular hobby among many science fiction fans who flock to fairs and conventions around the country. Many fans go to great lengths to build accurate costumes after characters from their favourite films, television series and comic books. With Star Wars being one of the more popular titles in the science fiction universe, some of the most hardcore fans may want to create an elaborate yet wearable C-3PO suit.
Things you need
- Vacuformed C-3PO head kit
- White finish reflective tape
- 6 rice battery bulbs
- 2 AA batteries
- Large plastic signs or plastic toboggan sled
- Duct tape
- 40lb. fishing line
- Black spandex long-sleeve turtleneck shirt and trousers
- Used computer wires (coloured)
- Male mannequin chest piece
- Knobs from an old or broken radio
- Super glue
Order a vacuformed C-3PO head kit.
Paint the head a chrome-finished gold using spray paint. Allow ample time to dry.
Apply the reflective white-finish tape to the back of the plastic eye lenses. Tape three rice battery lights to each of the lenses.
Use two AA batteries to power the rice light switch.
Cut your plastic sheet toboggan sled to form armour pieces for your arms, legs and back. Two plastic pieces should be made for each extremity, and one for the back.
Paint each of the pieces with chrome-finish gold spray paint. Allow ample time to dry.
Paint your male mannequin chest piece with chrome-finish gold spray paint. Allow ample time to dry.
Attach the old stereo knobs to the mannequin chest piece and back using super glue. Allow ample time to dry.
Attach old computer wiring onto the black spandex trousers and shirt using super glue. Allow ample time to dry.
Sew the plastic armour pieces into position on the black spandex shirt and trousers using 40 lb fishing line.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for