Running Shoes were introduced in Game Freak's 2002 double release, "Pokemon Ruby" and "Pokemon Sapphire." They have since been a standard item received in all "Pokemon" sequels. Obtained fairly early in the game, they allow the player to run while holding the "B" button. Emulators are computer programs that mimic a game. Using the Running Shoes in "Pokemon Pearl" with an emulator is as simple as pressing the correct key that is mapped to the emulator from your computer's keyboard.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Nintendo DS emulator
- Pokemon Pearl ROM
Receive the running shoes in "Pokemon Pearl" from your mother after returning to Twinleaf Town upon obtaining your first Pokemon.
Click "Options" in the window of the emulator.
Click "Controls Setup" on the list that drops down.
Map "Button B" to any key on your keyboard you prefer in the right column titled "Keyboard"
Press the key in game to be sure you mapped the correct key.
Tips and warnings
- This procedure is based on using the "NO$GBA" emulator. Any Nintendo DS emulator will suffice. A different emulator's menus may slightly differ, but will be easily discernible.
- Since the decision of Atari v. JS&A; in 1983, it is technically illegal in the United States to own a ROM of a video game, even if you own the physical copy. However, it can be argued that people may legally play ROMS for personal use under the Fair Use Doctrine.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for