A biker wouldn't look like a biker without a signature braided leather bracelet. It's a symbol of freedom, toughness and the durability of the biker lifestyle. You can make your own braided leather bracelets to wear while navigating the open road in search of the next adventure.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Thin leather thongs (about 3/4 of an inch)
- Super glue gun
- 18 to 20 gauge wire (with your favourite colour)
- Cone attachments to cover the knots at both the ends
- A clasp and two jump rings
- Wire cutter
Cut the leather thong and wire to the desired diameter of the bracelet. Take three leather thongs of approximately 12 inches to 14 inches long, hold all of the thongs together and tie a knot, being sure to leave about an inch space at the end where you are holding them.
Put a wire in the knot to tighten the leather thongs and add a small amount of glue to it. Be sure to not overuse the glue, as it might discolour the leather. Carefully bend the wire and form a small loop.
Cut off the extra leather from the top of the knot and slip the cone over the wire. Pin the knotted end of the leather thong to a pin board or stick it to a table with tape.
Hold the right and left thong in the respective hands. Put the left thong over the middle thong and take the middle thong in the left hand. Repeat this step with the right thong as well. Continue this switching off the leather thongs down their length and make sure you are braiding the leather very tightly.
Knot the open end and repeat the end procedure in the same way. Add the clasps and the jump rings to both the ends.
Tips and warnings
- You can decorate the bracelet by adding matching dangles and charms or by adding beads into the braiding pattern.
- Be sure to keep the hot glue gun out of the reach of children.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for